Collections and Archives
Spanning over a century, our collection and archives explore the history of Vancouver through the eyes of policing and criminal investigation. From weapons and forensic tools to turn-of-the-century mugshots, we feature an array of unique objects through our rotating exhibits, research projects, and special events.
The Museum is housed in the 1930s Coroner's Offices and Analysis Laboratory and we are proud to include the morgue and autopsy suite as part of our collection.
For more information about our collection including possible donations and volunteering, please contact our Curator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access Our Artefacts Database
The museum’s wide artefacts collection includes:
- Badges, insignia, and uniforms
- Equipment used by the Vancouver Police Department, such as handcuffs, flashlights, communication equipment, and blood alcohol analyzers
- Items relating to the history of specialized squads such as the Emergency Response Team, the Dog Squad, the Mounted Squad, the Pipe Band and the Public Safety Unit
- Items confiscated by the Vancouver Police Department, such as weapons and drug paraphernalia
- Objects related to the history of the heritage building
For an in-depth look at our artefact collection, explore our new publicly accessible online database. New images are added daily, so check back often.
We have thousands of photos, books and paper-based documents that offer in-depth insight into Vancouver's policing history. Guests can find:
- Old mugshots
- Historical investigative documents and much more
For research requests, contact: email@example.com Please note: the archives reading room is accessible on Wednesdays via appointment only.
The Vancouver Police Museum is grateful for the trust it receives from its donors.
All collection, preservation, storage, and interpretation practices follow the Canadian Museum Code of Ethics and the BC Museum Association Standards and Best Practices.
Walk-in artefact donations cannot be accepted. Please contact the Museum Curator in advance to discuss and arrange donations: firstname.lastname@example.org.