The B.C. Police Memorial Committee was formed in September 2000. The committee is comprised of serving and retired police officers as well as family members of the officers killed in-the-line-of-duty.
The B.C. Memorial Committee is a sub-committee of the Vancouver Police Mutual Benevolent Association a registered non-profit society.
The goals of the committee are twofold, education and awareness. To educate the serving members of Police Departments as well as the public about the ultimate sacrifice these heroes made. Awareness, by reminding the police officers of the dangers they face every day - to always be on guard and thereby prevent another killed in-the-line-of-duty death.
The committee would like to thank these sponsors for their support in this project.
- Vancouver Police Department Foundation, for the financial support provided to begin the project.
- Blast Radius, a global Internet solutions company, for the very generous support they gave in building this web site.
- ABC Photofinishing for painstakingly digitally enhancing all the photos.
- Strawberry Hills Framing (604) 530-9086 for framing the photographs.
- Vancouver Police Historical Society and Centennial Museum for many of the photographs.
- B.C. Provincial Archives
And finally all the friends and family members who provided us with the missing stories and photographs we needed to complete this special project.
If you have any comments please e-mail email@example.com to reach Steve Gibson, Tod Catchpol and the staff of the Vancouver Police Museum.